Mk 2 Mondeo. Windscreen washer pipe - AdyBeee
The pipe from the Windscreen wash fluid tank pump has decided to disconnect itself. Now when I pull the lever for a squirt of water onto the windscreen, I get a vertical jet in my engine bay. Looking at the location of this washer fluid pump.

I am wondering how to get to the broken connection.

When I find it, would it be best to secure it with a cable tie or something. If it's happened once now, I'm sure it'll happen again.

TIA AdyBee...
Mk 2 Mondeo. Windscreen washer pipe - Galaxy
Common Mark 2 Mondeo problem, had it myself.

Access is by removing the radiator undershield, three bolts. You might have to slacken off the bolts holding the reservoir in position, but I managed to get the pump out without doing this.

Pump pulls out from bottom of reservoir, might be an idea to drain it first unless you want your arm soaked in screenwash fluid!

While you're down there it might be worth pulling out the rubber filter that the pump pushes into and giving it a good wash under a tap to prevent future problems occurring.

Use cable ties to keep plastic pipes from coming off pump, replace pump, and refill reservoir. Tighten bolts if loosened and replace radiator undershield.

That's it!