new car --cherished plate - smilingvulture
whats the best way to fit plate---glue or screw
new car --cherished plate - markengland
I have always used screws (be careful not to overtighten or you will crack the plate), however where I work we use double sided tape (extra strong stuff) to stick private plates on our coaches, I think its just a matter of personal preference really. Obviously with the tape method you don't have any screws on show which some may say looks better but I have more confidence in the screw method. Saying that we haven't had any plates fall off our coaches yet.....
new car --cherished plate - smilingvulture
thanx
new car --cherished plate - bell boy
proper tosh these new perspex no. plates arent they markengland if as you say you drill them they are so thin they can easily crack and if they pass that test then in 12 months time the computer printed no.s start parting company and the plates start going green and look terrible.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
new car --cherished plate - SjB {P}
My UK spec V70 came with supplying Dutch dealer fitted plastic brackets. These are rectangular and locate the number plate for its entire circumference; standard "Euro sized" number plates for any EU member state simply snap in or out so removing the pressed steel Dutch export plates and inserting my laminated plastic UK ones was the work of seconds. A downside is potentially making it easy for the scammers to steal my plates (hasn't happened....yet) but the plus side is no cracking from drilling and - three years down the line in my case - no delamination or staining.
new car --cherished plate - storme
on my mini i used silicon sealant

worked a treat
--
www.storme.co.uk