Door problem - Citroen Saxo - Nicole

The driver side door on my Saxo (02 reg) does not like shutting in the cold weather. It opens fine, but is really difficult to shut from inside the car, normally takes 3-4 tries. Been even worse lately, sometimes I have to resort to shutting it from the outside and then climbing in through the passenger side, which results in many a strange look from passers by! Has anyone got any suggestions?
Door problem - Citroen Saxo - BobbyG
Exact same thing used to happen to my Saxo, many a time I had to drive whilst holding the door shut!

To be honest I can't remember how it got cured, I think I sprayed de icer into the lock, both from the key side and the internals. Then when you get a chance, use a hair dryer or fan heater to dry out the inside of the door to try and take any moisture out the mechanism.
Door problem - Citroen Saxo - Collos25
Spray all round the lock and catch mechanism with WD40 leave to dry and then repeat with spray oil.
Door problem - Citroen Saxo - indymorg
has the door been striped ?there should be a plastic cover over the lock mech inside some times people who strip them are to idle to put them back because they seem to do nothing but it keeps water out of the mech that runs off the window rail,in winter it freezes and jams the lock. i speek and lean from experiance