MB Servicing - kal
Hi there, I read that Mercedes Benz has ditched variable computer determined servicing intervals in favour of once a year or 15,000 miles. Any thoughts.....?
MB Servicing - umistim
I personally have mine serviced once a year anyway, I am a relatively low mileage user.
Kal where did you see this notice please?
MB Servicing - Bill Payer
I haven't heard this, and I'm sure it isn't true.
MB Servicing - Falkirk Bairn
AOL Motoring said this week that apart from an odd model the MB cars are going back to fixed 1 yr or say 15K

All that work on computing how many cold starts, short journeys, long journeys ............... I heard that some were thinking on basing the variable service on the MPG - cold starts and fast drives consuming more than poodling along @ 60mph.

The above scenario of £Millions computing variable time servicing reminds you of the NASA spending £1.5million on a pen that would write in space. The Russians used a pencil.
MB Servicing - Bill Payer
OK, it's just a US thing - Merc's sold in the USA used to include basic servicing for 4yrs/50K miles. There were a lot of problems with owners wanted their cars to have much more frequent services then ASSYST demanded (and MB wanted to pay for). Many Americans insist on changing their oil every 5000 miles (it's very cheap there) but often the oil wasn't of 'european' standards, which MB's are designed for. VW had similar problems.

For Model Year 2005, MB dropped the free servicing, and , in the USA only, moved to fixed servicing at 13000 (not 15000) miles or 1 yesr. This, if you use fully synth oil, is the default mileage for ASSYST anyway.
MB Servicing - kal
What Car magazine I think