How much for a Sierra? - AlastairW
According to tonights Stockport Express a local man (who I know slightly) has bought a G reg Sierra for £45. So far so boring.
However, after spending a further £45 on MOTing it he sold it for £915. How,you ask? By driving it to Banjul in The Gambia before selling, thats how. Could this be the answer to the new EU end of life disposal rules?
How much for a Sierra? - Armitage Shanks {p}
So far so good but what did it cost to get the car to Banjul and himself back? 2 water crossings (Channel + Med) and his own travel back. I don't see much cash in hand at the end of that - what more can you tell us?
How much for a Sierra? - Lud
How much did it cost to get it there? Of course the journey would have been worth quite a lot in experiential terms.
How much for a Sierra? - Happy Blue!
I would love to a very long distance drive over several countries/weeks/thousands miles. Stay off the motorways and you get to see a lot of 'real life'.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
How much for a Sierra? - mrmender
I would love to a very long distance drive over several
countries/weeks/thousands miles. Stay off the motorways and you get to
see a lot of 'real life'.
--

Espada today Just travelled 800Km 1/2 Hi lux PU & 1/2 Land cruser about 40% Desert rest sort of roads.... Just want to go home now ..had enough! Would not fancy it in a old Sierra! The hI lUX was bad enough
How much for a Sierra? - AlastairW
I have perhaps been disingenuous. The trip to Banjul was part of something called the Banjul Challenge, and the sale proceeds went to charity (Cancer Research, as it happens).
Its still better than scrapping a car that still has useful life in it though isn't it?
Espada today Just travelled 800Km 1/2 Hi lux PU & 1/2
Land cruser about 40% Desert rest sort of roads.... Just want
to go home now ..had enough! Would not fancy it in
a old Sierra! The hI lUX was bad enough

Evening mm. Still hear that old suspension rattling in your ears over the corrugations if it's anything like it used to be even in well-kept Land Rovers... but you probably have a/c these days I guess and keep the windows closed?
How much for a Sierra? - mrmender
Samali Kum Lud Landys are are a rare site here the odd series LR & 1 or 2 UN defenders. I've got to take my hat off to the cruser it is very comfy for this sort of work
Funny you should mention the A/C it packed up in the Hi Lux en route, Just had my shower ready for my flight home...Ah my first tin of beer for a month coming up soon
Ought to taste even better than you expect. Cheers.