ads - colin
No fewer than 10 car mfrs advertising in today's DT magazine. Is this a record?

Mind you, it's a pleasant change from those endlessly repeated articles about some alleged celeb you've never heard of and are unlikely to hear of ever again.
Re: ads - Honest John
The advertisers pay for the magazine. You don't. Your 85p would only buy a couple of pages if there weren't any ads in the paper.

HJ
Re: ads - colin
Yes, HJ, but do we really want it all?. OK, we all have differing tastes, e.g. some of us are interested in motors, but I wonder just what proportion are really fascinated by the glossy mag, considering its pre-occupation with what's 'hot' or 'cool' in central London, e.g posh restaurants, ludicrously expensive fashions. Not, I think, many readers in sunny Scunthorpe or bucolic Bolton.

I suppose we have to blame the Sunday Times, which started the rot all those years ago.

Do you know if any survey has ever been done into how many buyers read each of the DT supplements?
Re: ads - Andy
The Mail on Sunday supplement goes straight in the bin. It consists entirely of pap such as latest on the soap stars, how to manage a blind date etc. Sheer rubbish.
Re: ads - Phil
What about the rest of the Mail then? ;)