lube for window runners/rubbers - steveo3002
ive got mk2 golf..one of the windows is getting slow on the way up.

someone suggested silicon lube is correct for the rubber channels..its felt covered rubber btw, i purchased some silicon lube from halfords, its very similar to dashboard spray, i put some on but it doesnt seem to lube things much

any suggestions?? i dont wana make it worse
lube for window runners/rubbers - Hamsafar
Could be the guides that the glass runs in within the door itsself. Probably a interior door card off job, to clean and grease these and the regulator (large toothed curved thing)
lube for window runners/rubbers - AR-CoolC
Yeh
Give the mechanism a good clean and grease up. The door trim comes off very simply, and then just a few 10mm bolts holding all the mech in place.

Wash out all the crud with WD40, and then use a more substantial grease to lube it up.
lube for window runners/rubbers - steveo3002
the mech is clean and greased, i need to know whats the correct lube for the rubber channels the glass slides in
lube for window runners/rubbers - AR-CoolC
Sounds like it just might need some adjustment then.

With the window fully closed, and the door trim off, slaken the two screws holding the glass to the mech. Then with one hand either side of the glass pull it into the top rear corner of the door, then tighten the screws back up.

lube for window runners/rubbers - Cliff Pope
There's a Halford spray-on stuff for seat belts etc. Called something like rubber and nylon lubricant. It works a treat on sticking belts that won't rewind smoothly, and also one squirt stops squeaky fan and timing belts. Silicone is a bit too sticky, I think - this spray evaporates but leaves a lasting effect.
lube for window runners/rubbers - martint123
As someone said - Halfords rubber / (something else) lube - yellow can. If that doesn't fix it, then you are looking in the wrong place.
lube for window runners/rubbers - Xileno {P}
Yes the yellow can stuff is excellent. Good for putting on the door seals as well, helps prevent them sticking in icey weather.