Honda Prelude auto warning light - mike hannon
I'm not sure whether I should be concerned at this - but I can't help being paranoid.
The auto/'tiptronic' transmission on my 98 Prelude 2.2 vtech (44k, full Honda history) seems to be working fine but the warning light is worrying me a bit. When I turn the ignition on the 'd4' lamp comes on and goes out again as it should. But while I turn the key to start the engine it flickers again momentarily.
I haven't seen it any other time and the fluid seems pretty clean and up to the mark.
Any ideas?

Honda Prelude auto warning light - Peter D
That will be on the original battery then will it. Check the cranking volts it may be going down below 9.5 and the ECU is running out of head room. To check this jump another cars battery onto your, do not run the engine of the other car and crank yours over if there is no flash then it could, assuming all your earth straps are ok, be telling you your battery is tired. Regards Peter
Honda Prelude auto warning light - mike hannon
Thanks Peter, I'll give it a try - with my other automatic Honda! The Prelude is probably on the original battery although the indicator (it's a sealed battery) is still showing green. It's been pretty cold here lately though...