There's no accounting for taste - spikeyhead {p}
called in to see my mum earlier this week for the first time in a while. Foudn out that she'd had her car stolen.

She'd driven out of the garage, got out of the car to shut the garage door and by the time she'd turned roudn the car was being driven away.

It was found the following morning with no damage, less than a mile from her home.

So who would steal a cityrover?

PS, I had no choice in the car, I even did my utmost to prevent her buyign it!
--
I read often, only post occasionally
There's no accounting for taste - mss1tw
Stevie Wonder?
There's no accounting for taste - L'escargot
So who would steal a cityrover?

Any yobbo who either fancied a joyride or would otherwise have had to walk home. Unfortunately there's a lot of it about. The penalty ought to be to have one of their hands cut off.
--
L\'escargot.
There's no accounting for taste - smokie
Someone who wanted to test drive one and recognised pretty quickly it wasn't for them?
There's no accounting for taste - mare
She was lucky, if she hadn't got the car back, the insurance wouldn't have paid out.

Must have been quite unsettling, hope she's ok and won't leave car running in drive.
There's no accounting for taste - Altea Ego
The neigbours probably clubbed together to get it removed.

----------------------------------------
TourVanMan < yes its RF reborn >
There's no accounting for taste - Dynamic Dave
James May doing another discrete test drive for Top Gear?
There's no accounting for taste - tyro
Opportunist thief saw his opportunity, grabbed it in a look-before-you-leap sort of way, then realised what he had taken, and couldn't get out of it fast enough?
There's no accounting for taste - Xileno {P}
Someone who had read how awful they are but just wanted to decide for themselves. If anyone else is wondering, please don't do it. They are ever bit as rubbish as you read, truly appalling and a disgrace to the Rover badge.

Ta ta
There's no accounting for taste - DavidHM
Went to the Pug dealer today to buy bits for the new 406...

They had a 1007 parked there and I looked it up and down and thought "Damn that's a piece of carp." Next to it was an 04 CityRover for £4,995, presumably to make the 1007 look good. Not even the CityRover is that bad though.
There's no accounting for taste - BobbyG
The only 1007s that I have seen on the road have had dealer decals down the side - interesting to see how well they are selling to the public, as opposed to how many have been registered?

Think they are a good novelty idea but a few grand cheaper and they might sell.
There's no accounting for taste - Altea Ego
"Next to it was an 04 CityRover for £4,995, presumably to make the 1007 look good. Not even the CityRover is that bad though."

This Basil, This hand, :: SLAP ::

Now write 100 times, "I must visit a shrink on Monday"

----------------------------------------
TourVanMan < yes its RF reborn >
There's no accounting for taste - Welliesorter
Next to it was an 04 CityRover for £4,995...

Motorpoint are selling new (in a fairly loose sense of the word) ones for £3999!