Ouch! - David Horn
Walking in to uni this morning witnessed someone starting their car in the cold (-1 IIRC). Seemed to start OK, but owner then revved the nuts off it for the next five minutes. This was at 7.30am, and I don't imagine the neighbours were thrilled with the noise or the black smoke....

Felt sorry for the car, though. :)
Ouch! - mss1tw
Some people have no idea...
Ouch! - JH
David,
the last time the in laws visited, FiL goes outside at about 08:00, temperature was about -2C. Starts car "to defrost it" but he's not leaving until about 10. 3 doors and hatch wide open, so how is the heater going to defrost side windows and so forth? He's chipping rather than scraping at the frost on the screen but it's a Mondeo - why don't you switch on the leccy windscreen defroster?

Then he drives it just enough to turn it round to face the other way, switches it off and walks away!

When he sells it I'll post the reg if you like so you can avoid it! (Dear mod - not serious!).

John
Ouch! - Roberson
The people over the road from us had friends over to stay. They parked their brand new Mondeo on the drive, but later that evening (when it was about -1 or 2) they decided to go out. I was getting into mine, so could hear everything. They tried to start the thing, and when it finally fired, I thought, mmm, must be a diesel.

When It was running properly, it turns out to be a petrol!! All that clacking and knocking was very painful indeed. I got in my 12 year old Polo, it started within 2 seconds, with out any fuss, and I was off.
Ouch! - sierraman
I wince whenever I hear the lady across the road manouvering her car,first start of the day,engine screaming away,clutch slipping like mad and moving at 2 mph.
Ouch! - Roberson
lol. We came across an old lady, in her 205 diesel, outside the main post office. Waiting at the lights, everything normal, thinking nothing of it. Then lights turn to green, slams throttle open, engine thrashing away, but letting the clutch slip just enough to give a walking pace. With it being an old 205 Diesel, it made enough racket to make everyone on the street (and in the PO) turn around and look. Pure agony (for my ears and her clutch)