BP Ultimate Diesel - mss1tw
No, not a 'How good is this' thread.

Just thought I'd post up that the car took £60 worth of BP Ultimate from the light coming on to me driving about 20 miles to get my wallet and to a garage. Not bad considering I've never had the light come on, normally use normal diesel and it's normally £55 ish. So that's a difference of a mere £4-£5, probably less. Not bad for a 'premium' fuel.

I haven't noticed any performance boosts, well, nothing tangible, but maybe it will do more miles to a tank. I also put some Millers Diesel P+ in.
BP Ultimate Diesel - cheddar
I also put some Millers Diesel P+ in.

Now I reckon that BP Ultimate contains some of the additives that are in Millers, cetane booters etc.

My theory is very scientific and is based on the fact that BP diesel smells like diesel though BP Ultimate diesel smells like Millers Diesel Plus.

My conclusion is that there is probably little benefit in adding Millers to BP Ult.
Thanks for pointing that out - I bought it off ebay just to see what the fuss was about - it doesn't seem to make any difference (Maybe the HDi doesn't have the equivalent of a 'knock sensor' in a petrol engine to take advantage of better fuel)

I will say though, it ticks over a lot quiter once warmed up using Ultimate.
BP Ultimate Diesel - David Horn
Use Shell diesel extra. Same stuff as BP Ultimate, but cheaper. Works wonders in my XUD engine.
D'oh! Give it 2 weeks I should be back down to empty!
BP Ultimate Diesel - Bill Payer
You'd have saved £2-£3 if you hadn't had to drive 20 miles to get your wallet!
:^D Heh, true.

BP Ultimate Diesel - prm
Yeh, if you can find it in Essex.
BP Ultimate Diesel - prm
Shell extra that is.