paint mark removal - zoodemon
hi, just looking to tidy my motor up ready for sale, unfortunately found a nice red paint mark from somebody's door edge. Doesn't look too good on my blue renault Doh!
Anyway way of just making it disappear? I have no car maintenance/repair knowledge at all.
cheers
paint mark removal - Doc
If the mark in just on the surface (no dents in the paintwork) you could try something like
T-cut followed by a coat of a good polish. Both are available from car accessory shops like Halfords.

what exactly is t-cut and do i need one with colour. I've seen them advertised with dark blue which would be fine for mine i think.
Also the paint has a lot of swirl marks on it, will t-cut remove those too?
I've been reading about waxes and polishes, and i won't have car after i've sold this one (doh), so i don't want to waste money on unecessary kit.

Should i just clean it, t-cut, and then what?
cheers
paint mark removal - bert-j
Try Brasso, very carefully!
paint mark removal - Nsar
This might sound daft but you might be lucky and get (most of) it off with your fingernail or something like the edge of a credit card, just use your judgement on how much force to use. It might just flake off, otherwise T-Cut etc should do the trick.
paint mark removal - deepwith
Buy some eraser sponge pads (about £1.50 a pack) from the household cleaning area of your local supermarket. Damp one and rub the paint off - takes off most marks including paint from red cars, biro and felt tip stains without damage to your car, walls, doors etc!!
paint mark removal - Vansboy
It'll probably come off with whatever car wax you've already got.

Saves using the evil T Cut (contains amonia & actually destroys yourr paint finish)

VB
paint mark removal - Victorbox
If your blue is a solid colour with no clear coat you may find forceful rubbing with a decent car polish (like Autoglym Super Resin Polish) on a cloth is all it takes to remove the red paint with no need for T-Cut.
paint mark removal - Victorbox
Sorry Vansboy - missed your comment before I posted!
so t-cut is only to be used on the small areas, i shouldn't do the whole bodywork with it? OK i'll try and remove it without using t-cut, but what about the paint swirls. Is there anything to take that out? cheers
paint mark removal - Red Baron
T-cut may be applied to the whole vehicle if you like, but it is quite a job. Any large scale t-cutting ought to be followed up by a good car polish.

Not quite clear what you mean by swirls. I'd worry if they were indeed in the paint. I suspect that they are only in the top coat which is usually a varnish or laquer. My guess is that they probably look like the swirl marks that you might get if you wash the car with a sponge that has dirt in it - not quite 'scratches', but lots of tiny abrasions. Yes, T-cut would remove these.

As to the red paint...depending on how superficial it is, it may come away with a cloth and WD40.
paint mark removal - Vansboy
If you've not used T-cut before (best not to ever start) or any 'cutting' liquid/compound or whatever, you'd be better off avoiding it - you really could make a lot of work for yourself.

Do try the wax you've probably got, or buy some Mer, from the accessory store/Halfords.

It's a quality polish, with a mild cutting effect, so should do what you want!

VB