K reg Renault Clio - choke? - coldcommuter
Hi,
I've got an old K reg (1991?) Clio RT that has just recently developed a problem. At the first cold snap in Sept I drove about 100 miles on motorway and then left the car for a few hours in a beach car park exposed to a cold wind. When I went to start it, it sparked up ok (sorry, don't know any techincal terms) but usually it revs at about 1000rpm, but this time it just fell to 0 and stalled. It then ran ok for a couple of weeks, but for the last week has returned to doing this every morning and also in the evenings when I leave work. It runs fine when the engine is warm and I can drive it from cold ok - i just have to rev the hell out of it as I get going, which the neighbours don't appreciate at 6am in the morning!!

Would I be right in thinking it is the automatic choke? If so, is that an easy thing to fix?
All help gratefully received
K reg Renault Clio - choke? - Xileno {P}
K reg will be 1992/3.
I don't think it's an automatic choke, it will be fuel injection.
You should check the simple things first like the plug leads.
K reg Renault Clio - choke? - coldcommuter
Thanks Xileno, I'll give that a go - lets hope that sorts it. Very simple job for those in the know, but very difficult for someone like me!
K reg Renault Clio - choke? - Dynamic Dave
Hi,

Not sure if the following thread is of any help:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=7863

There are also more discussions found on Clio starting problems via the Forum search.