Repairs carried out under warranty - Mr.Tee43
Hi there,I have a question regarding repairs carried out under a warranty.

I took a vehicle in for a repair to the engine when there was about 5 weeks to go on the warranty.Dealer agrees the work and proceeds to strip the engine.8 weeks later engine is still in bits,needing parts from the manufacturer and the vehicle is now out of warranty.

Of course,the repair is still ongoing,but when it comes back with the engine having been stripped and rebuilt,how long should the dealer warrant the repair.

If I take it away and the engine blows up a week or a month later,who pays.

What is a reasonable period and what should I expect.

Repairs carried out under warranty - Happy Blue!
It depends on the reason for the second breakdown (if any). As far as I know, items replaced under warranty only remain in warranty until the end of the original warranty period. The only way in which this can be extended is if the original fault has not been fixed, so is part of an ongoing warranty claim that started prior to expiry of the warranty.

In your case, the works should be free to you. If the engine blows up later for an entirely different reason, then unless you can prove that the garage is to blame for the fault you are on your own.

I think i'm right!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Repairs carried out under warranty - Stuartli
Under normal circumstances the warranty for the parts used and repairs which should have been undertaken five weeks before it expired should be extended for that same length of period because the work was not completed in reasonable time.

You should not be placed in a situation whereby you are worse off when it is not your fault. You have also been without the vehicle for a considerable time.

I would get the garage concerned to put a mutually agreed warranty extension in writing before you drive the vehicle away, then there is no cause for it to try and dodge any potential future problems.

If necessary contact the manufacturer as well pointing out the circumstances.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by