!!!Bad Checksum!!! - Dwight Van Driver
Happens to me.

I understand that it is because too many people are trying to down load. You just have to percy Veer and try another download site for botty.

dvd

dvd
!!!Bad Checksum!!! - drbe
Thanks DVD
I was just about to post a reply to my own question. It seems the server is overloaded. however I have tried several times, most recently at 7 am today, which is the middle of the night in the USA, which is where most traffic comes from (I understand).
!!!Bad Checksum!!! - smokie
Just to explain a checksum (in case you didn't know), it's a rough means if testing whether a file is corrupt/complete or not.

If you make a file of something (anything!) you can run a checksum program which gives that file a value. For instance you could count the characters/symbols (checksums are usually a bit more complicated, but you get the idea).

Then when you send me the file, you send me the checksum value too. I run the checksum and do the same as you did, and if the answer is different then so is the file.

So in your case in theory it is checking you have receive the whole unadulterated file. However, even though to you the file may have downloaded in it's entirety, the "other end" may have posted a different file from the one they intended, or forgotten to update the checksum file from last week, or for some other reason have posted a mis-matched set of files.

If it's some kind of weekly update then it will probably be all right next week. Server traffic in itself shouldn't cause the problem.

PS There is some useful info here tinyurl.com/9fs5t on how to change where your program tries it's automatic download.

Just done a search and this self-same subject has come up here before - tinyurl.com/c66wu - and SpyBot themselve suggest it is due to busy servers, although it's not apparent that it helped our member with his problems (DVD no less). They need to get some bigger ones methinks...
!!!Bad Checksum!!! - Welliesorter
I had this problem a couple of days ago. After trying several times, I found that the update worked OK when I downloaded the updates individually rather than in one go.

!!!Bad Checksum!!! - Stuartli
>>It seems the server is overloaded.>>

The best way to overcome the frustration of not being able to download Spybot updates (it's comparatively rare actually) is to go to one of the other download websites. The Aussie one usually delivers first time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by