Omega brake pad warning - cause? - smokie
The Omega is going in for it's MOT today.

Earlier this week the Brake Pad warning light started to come on, particulrly at the start and end of journeys.

I know this isn't an MOT fail, but I put it into my friendly mech anyway for new pads.

Just collected it, and he hasn't changed anything as all pads had at least 1/3rd left on them.

What causes it to display the Brake Pads warning? (It isn't a wire running through the pads themselves apparently).

Is this likely to be a spurious display?

Should I worry?

Omega brake pad warning - cause? - Colonel Panic
LOL, when the pads are 2/3rds worn the stupid things come on, and once they're on theyre scarp and cost £22 a pair. I just cut the sensor's wires about an ince from the connector in the wheel arch and soldered them together, and heat-shrink insulated them.
No more messages for the 6 months until they really need replacing!
Omega brake pad warning - cause? - Steptoe
This happened on my Talbot Express recently, pads still look new, luckily only one had caused light to glow so unplugged that one, leaving the sensor on the other side to do it's job.

Come to think of it, can't remember the last time I have needed to change brake shoes/pads on any vehicle I've owned, must be my gentle style of driving. ( but had to stand on camper's brakes when descending a 1:3 hilllasr week, hence pad problems )
Omega brake pad warning - cause? - martint123
Doesn't the warning light double as a brake fluid level warning??
Omega brake pad warning - cause? - Adam {P}
I'd be amazed if it was anything less than a flashing banner on the display for each individual problem on an Omega.
--
Adam
Omega brake pad warning - cause? - omega
Smokie
can you explain your cure a little more. I have had the same problem for the last two years.
Regards.
Omega brake pad warning - cause? - smokie
I didn't cure anything. The car passed it's MOT with the warning display on. I am not about to go cutting sensor wires, the display reminds me that (sooner or later) I will need to get the pads changed.