Tips on organising a meet - daveyjp
I am reading with interest and amusement the threads about meets. I was involved in arranging meets and days out for smart owners for a few years and would like to pass on these tips for orgainsing a meet.

The Golden rule is NOT to carry out an extensive consultation exercise over venues dates and times. From my experience as an organiser you have to sort out a venue date and time which you think is appropriate - as the posts on here show you can please all people some of the time etc etc but you never get anywhere.

Someone took over three months to try and organise a smart meet in Leeds and eventually gave up as they tried to orgainse it to please everyone I could see there was ineterest in a Leeds meet so I found a suitable venue, posted up a date and time and 12 owners turned up.

Choose an easy to find pub with a big car park and say what time you will be there. The problem with restaurants is you need certainty of numbers so you can book tables and people need to be there at the time specified. A pub venue allows people to turn up over a couple of hours - they can eat if they want.

Be assertive in your post!

Example

I am organising a meet of the BRs in [Town/County] on [date] at [time]. All are welcome to join me.

Finally be prepared for no-one to turn up!
Tips on organising a meet - Dynamic Dave
Lots of non relevant stuff removed from this thread.

Please can we keep to the facts and not let this thread degenerate into playground conversation.

DD.
Tips on organising a meet - No FM2R
work slow today is it ? Nothing actually in the process of exploding ?
Tips on organising a meet - Dynamic Dave
You have mail.