Jammed brake disk on Fiesta Mk2 xr2i - desperate
I'm trying to remove the front disks from my Mk2 Fiesta xr2i.

I've removed the brake calipers and the screw holding the disk to the hub, but the disk itself seems stuck to the hub.

I've tried bashing the disk with a rubber mallet, but to no avail.

Can someone advise me what I could try? The disks are in very good shape and I don't want to damage them.

Regards

Desperate
Jammed brake disk on Fiesta Mk2 xr2i - keekster67
Try heating it up with blow torch.
Jammed brake disk on Fiesta Mk2 xr2i - madf
Try soaking the join hub to disk with vinegar -NOT WD40. Vinegar will slowly dissolve rust - will take 24 hours..

madf

Jammed brake disk on Fiesta Mk2 xr2i - 659FBE
Engage handbrake firmly, jack up one front wheel with the other on the ground. Remove screws and wheel bolts from lifted wheel. Run engine at idle in first gear, then apply brakes gently so there is no danger of car rolling off. Disk will break free easily from hub in torsion. This works like a charm every time (reassemble and repeat for other side) A good for a differential!

Jammed brake disk on Fiesta Mk2 xr2i - 659FBE
Last sentence should have been "A good use for a differential".

Jammed brake disk on Fiesta Mk2 xr2i - adverse camber
Really ? One of the front wheels ON the ground ?

Jammed brake disk on Fiesta Mk2 xr2i - David Horn
Yes - all the power will go to the raised wheel, and if the brakes are applied gently, the force on the wheel off the ground is still significantly less than that on the ground, and the disc will pop off.
Jammed brake disk on Fiesta Mk2 xr2i - Number_Cruncher
Excellent suggestion by 659 - I must try that next time I run into this difficulty.

Thinking about it, as the differential divides torque equally between its output driveshafts, irrespective of whatever speed each wheel is spinning at, as long as both front brakes work, it doesn't matter if the other wheel is on the ground or not. The torque in each driveshaft is always (near enough!) equal.

Number_Cruncher