Banger part-ex? - frazerjp
Hi everybody my 1st written topic! :)

Anyway, i was parking up near my sisters one day next to a white tatty looking Pug 205 D-reg, not that there was anything strange about it as such. It was only when i came back to my Ka afterwards that i noticed something odd about it, on the bottom of the front no. plate i noticed 'Holland Park' with the BMW logo next to it! Am i right in thinking that assuming it was the previous owner, he or she part exchanged this scruffy 205 for a BMW in at a rather upmarket BMW dealer in west London?

Mind you things happen for a reason i suppose, a pay rise?
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Banger part-ex? - Imagos
Probably been cloned, identity stolen from write off or scrapper.
Banger part-ex? - martint123
Check the reg number with
www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/index.jsp# and click 'vehicle enquiry' at the left.

Well the n. plate was of the current Charles Wright legal style, so its possibly part-ex'd no more than 4 years ago.
--
Banger part-ex? - mare
Possibly it was part exchanged a long time ago? Peugeot 205 were funky little things in their day, and a PX to say a 3 series isn't inconceivable.

Or plate broke, replacement plate made at Holland Park.
Banger part-ex? - DavidHM
It'd be interesting to see what the phone number on the bottom of the plate is... 01, 071, 0171 or 020 ... or even no phone number and just a web address?

Of course, many of the very wealthy in west London buy a car brand new, drive it perhaps 5k a year and only change after 15-20 years. You see (relatively) a lot of Granadas, Volvo 740s and the like around South Ken and other wealthy areas with old dealer stickers on and in excellent condition.

For these people, if a car breaks it either gets fixed or scrapped and there's no social status attached to what car you drive, and no desperate need to have one at all for that matter. As such, it's used just like any other appliance.
Banger part-ex? - blue_haddock
One possibility is that it belongs to someone who runs their own car and works for the beemer dealer. They needed a set of replacement plates and as they work there they get them cheap but due to the new number plate regs they have to have the supplying dealers contact details on there.

Even if the little pug was PX'd against a new beemer i doubt the dealer would go to the expense of putting new plates on - keep the outlay to a minimum and got shot of it over the blcok at the earliest possible convenience
Could be possibly a theory b_h, but the condition of the vehicle & being in rural Bucks, i wouldn't of thought the Pug would take the distance going back & forth on the M40 & overheat in the jams of Western Avenue, but then again........
--
Banger part-ex? - Avant
It fell off. I'm sure about that as SWMBO had two 205s and the front numberplate is fixed to the front bumper and is very exposed. One little nudge when parking and it breaks. This one was probably replaced by the nearest garage which happened to be BMW Holland Park.

Otherwise we loved the 205s - a GRD and a Sceptre TD - a much better car than the 206 which we also had, though not for long.