omega 3.0 elite warning message - outkast
Seems to be the day for omega questions...so heres mine
just recently when I switch the lights on I get the warning message "headlight taillight" when I check all lights are working correctly,if I switch them off and on again the message reappears and you guessed it the lights are all on!!!
Any ideas?
omega 3.0 elite warning message - Dynamic Dave
Have a close look at the rear light clusters. They have 2 bulbs in each cluster. Not easy to see if one of the two bulbs has blown without removing the bulb holder assembly from inside the boot.
omega 3.0 elite warning message - outkast
Thanks Dave,
Does that also apply to the headlight warning by that i mean are the two linked?
omega 3.0 elite warning message - smokie
I'm getting this message occassionally. I'm sure it's down to a wonky earth or similar as all bulbs are on. I've been getting the message since my tow bar electrics (whic are connected via snap connectors) shorted everything completely last year.

Now, what I've noticed is that the rear indicators are starting to look quite white - but the bulbs are still yellow looking. I hope I won't need new lenses for the MOT... (I guess there is a paint to paint your lens covers inside?)
omega 3.0 elite warning message - Deryck Tintagel
I'm getting this message occassionally. I'm sure it's down to a
wonky earth or similar as all bulbs are on. I've been
getting the message since my tow bar electrics (whic are connected
via snap connectors) shorted everything completely last year.
Now, what I've noticed is that the rear indicators are starting
to look quite white - but the bulbs are still yellow
looking. I hope I won't need new lenses for the MOT...
(I guess there is a paint to paint your lens covers
inside?)

It will be the bulbs that are loosing the colouring on the glass envelope - not the lenses. I bought a pair of yellow bulbs for £1 or £2 just in case but haven't used them as yet.
omega 3.0 elite warning message - Rishab C
"headlight taillight" is a combined message, it doesn't tell you which. I'd just replace all 4 rear bulbs and see what happens.
omega 3.0 elite warning message - Dynamic Dave
Rishab C is right.

The warning is just telling you that either a tail light or side light bulb is out. It doesn't tell which side of the car has failed, neither does it tell you whether it's at the front or rear of the car. If both side lights in the headlights are working, then start looking the rear lights.
omega 3.0 elite warning message - tr7v8
My ALfa kept doing this intermittant bulb failure warnings and evertime I checked they were all OK. Eventually found it was the number plate lights which were intermittant! New bulbs retension contacts, no more problems!

Jim
omega 3.0 elite warning message - Deryck Tintagel
My Vectra gave this warning imtermittently over a period of weeks - a sharp tap on the light cluster sorted it and I put it down to a loose connection. But on the third reported fault it didn't help. Close inspection of the filament showed that there was a crack / break and that sometimes it would be okay and others not. Changed the bulb and all is well now. Dim bulbs can give a false warning!