Re Warranty on Imports - alapppy
HI

Can anyone advise if the warranty on an import starts from the day of manufacture or the day registered in the UK...or other criteria

Thanks

alan
Re Warranty on Imports - googolplex
Day of manufacture, as I found to my cost - happened to be four months before registration...
Splodgeface
Re Warranty on Imports - Blue {P}
If the car is not registered anywhere before it is registered in the UK then I believe that the warranty starts from the UK registration date. It certainly did for my imported Fiesta.

If in doubt just ask, but I would go armed with your log book, especially bearing in mind that the oldest "new" Mondeo I have seen was nearly 2 years old when it was handed over on a shiny 05 plate. It was gate released in 2003! :-)In a case like that you would really have to fight it if they tried anything on, although I sincerely doubt they would.

Needless to say that after so long in the open air, the paintwork on this particular car was damaged and needed a lot of rectification to bring it up to standard. However, the customer got the car at a huge discount as naturally huge customer savings had mounted up on a car with a 2 year old gate release!

Blue