Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - Lad
Has anyone recieved any bad vibes or service from their local dealer when taking their car in for a service (or problem that needs to be looked at) after taking a test drive with them and discussing a price only for you to buy from a internet broker because of a better deal?

I'm a tad paranoid about the dealer not doing a good job if he knew he lost out on a sale after letting me test drive their car!!
Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - Blue {P}
I doubt if there are many dealerships who have sales departments that communicate enough with the service department for them to even know that they lost a sale.

I know our service department wouldn't care even if they did know, as far as they're concerned it's business for them, if the customer bought a car elsewhere because of a better deal then it hasn't got much to do with the service department.

In fact, thinking about it, I test drove a car at our dealership and then bought it off the internet for a better deal before I started working for them. :-)

Blue
Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - doctorchris
Dealerships make more money on servicing and warranty work than on car sales so willwelcome you with open arms.
Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - ihpj
I don't think you have anything to be worried about - like the previous commentator's have said, Sales don't usually talk with Service. This happens more often than you might think :)
Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - Pugugly {P}
I bought the five in one dealer (best price) but get it serviced eleswhere (closer). Far better service from the non-selling dealer even on peripheral items.
Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - Robin Reliant
As with many businesses now each department will probably have its own seperate financial structure, and will be expected to make a profit from it's own operations as opposed to being there just as part of the overall picture, if you see what I mean. The service manager will be the one under the cosh to ensure his department is viable profit wise, and he won't give a whatsit where you bought the car as long as he gets your custom. In fact, his department and sales probably hate the sight of one and other and he will be delighted if they lose business.

When I bought a car from a Peugeot dealer a few years back the salesman arranged for the dual controls to be fitted by the suppliers because they were cheaper than his own service department, which would charge sales for the work.
Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - Stuartli
As there are so many ways of buying a new car these days (the page you are viewing now gives several examples), a dealership is unlikely to bat an eyelid over where you acquired it.

As far as I'm aware, apart from the points mentioned above with regard to servicing and warranty work, most dealerships make more profit from selling used rather than new cars.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - blue_haddock
I sell cars through the internet everyday and can honestly say that the vast majority of my customers (of which there are many) have no problems with servicing or warranty work at their local dealer. You are more likely to have a problem with a parallel import from a car supermarket than you are from a UK dealer sourced vehicle.

Only difference with buying a car from me rather than you local dealer (apart from the price!) is our stamp in the service book as original supplying dealer.

Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - Hugo {P}
Lad,

I would give the dealer the chance to better the price you've been quoted by the internet company. In my case the local Nissan dealer actually bettered the best price I was quoted, and I received an excellent service both during handover, a couple of warranty repairs and some major "oops" on the nearside!

I don't think I would have had a bad service from them had I got it elsewhere, but I am well remembered in the place, having haggled and badgered for the best price etc.

When I picked it up I took in a few cans for the guys involved in getting it ready, as they had really pushed the boat out to prep it in a short space of time. When it was accident repaired I was loaned their demonstrater for 10 days! This saved me a fortune in hire charges. So I took in a few chocs etc to say thanks.

I've never had anything but good service from them.

Plug - Mumfords of Plymouth 01752 309030 - Nissan and Renault

H
Dealer attitude on internet bought car? - highflier
if you did have a problem with your car you bought from elsewere they would probably be falling over themselves to fleece- i mean "help" you with it... however, if you had bought it from them they would more than likely hide when they saw you coming... yes, i am speaking from experience!!