Brake fluid change warning light BMW - pgg
I recently changed the brake fluid on my 2000' BMW 525D after the warning light appeared on the dash.

I believe that there is a way to reset the brake fluid warning light by certain timed pushes of the trip button. Can anyone shed some light on this. It would be greatly apprciated as I'd like to try and keep the light in sync with the fluid change.

What else does this button do?.......
Brake fluid change warning light BMW - John S
I thik you need the reset tool for the warning light, but as for your question 'What else does this button do?'

Hold in the trip reset button, and switch ignition to the first position. Let go of the button. You'll get a series of numbers displayed in the trip meter the fourth of which should be the last few digits of the vehicle VIN number. So, you can check the instrument pack is the original, which goes some way to confirming mileage. Doesn't prove it's not been clocked though.

Finally all the warning lights switch on and all the instruments go to full scale and back. Very spectacular.

JS
Brake fluid change warning light BMW - Dynamic Dave
I previously dug up the following forum for someone wanting to reset their service indicator light. You *might* be able to find what you're looking for there:-

www.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/