Ins for young drivers - BobbyG
As stated in another thread, my BiL bought a new Modus today. His 18 year old son is learning to drive and his daughter has just turned 17.

He got 2 quotes, one for him, wife and son. The other for all 4 of them. It actually worked out £100 cheaper to insure all 4 than it did just the three!!

I assume that the ins companies must look at the youngest driver to rate the risk, and a 17 year old girl is deemed to be safer than an 18 year old boy?

Is that the case?
Ins for young drivers - frazerjp
Well yes it is considering shes female & that she has a provisional licence will also mean that she wont be driving the vehicle all the time! Ive also heard of some insurance companies offering free cover for learners as another driver alongside one with a full licence of course! Buts only by word & mouth im afraid!! So please dont ask which insurer becuz it hasnt been quoted!!
Ins for young drivers - Another John H
It's possible the insurers consider a lone young person on parents insurance as the (undeclared) sole driver who is using the parents names to reduce the premium.

With two young drivers there's going to be some vehicle sharing going on.
Ins for young drivers - Hugo {P}
Often I have had cheaper quotes for the wife as an additional driver rather than just me.

H