How much can a Kangoo swallow? - PoloGirl
Time to get the tape measures out please!

Next Thursday is moving day, the Passat has a stupid sized boot which just wont swallow anything, and Polo does his best but is only little. So we're looking at hiring a van.

My digital piano is 30 inches (77cm) high and 54 inches (137cm) long. Will it fit in a Renault Kangoo/Ford Connect van, along with a similar sized bookshelf and numerous boxes, or should I be looking at the next size up?

Before anyone panics, I don't *think* I'll be driving it!

Thanks

How much can a Kangoo swallow? - daveyjp
A friend has a courier business and uses a Kangoo - luckily their website gives all the dimensions. 1140mm wide, 1120mm high, 1380mm long with passenger seat in place. Your piano will just fit.
How much can a Kangoo swallow? - Altea Ego
Having just assisted a friend in small van choice, I can say that a long wheel base transit connect will do what you want and more. Also its a good drive too. A short wheel base connect will do the job as well, but I dont know how many boxes you want to carry.

How much can a Kangoo swallow? - PoloGirl
Thanks!

Lots of boxes - as many as it takes to move three years of living in a three bed place back into one room at my parents' place. Yes, we have ourselves a recipe for disaster folks.

Have just found somewhere that will let me drive as I'm 24 and have over 12 months' driving experience. They do both Kangoos and Connects so I will see what the price difference is.

How much can a Kangoo swallow? - richy
Or get a LWB Transit and fit the Polo and Piano in together...