kerbed an alloy - what to do? - Brad
first time for many years but I've scratched it. Shall I get the sander out?
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - patently
No. You'll do even more damage.

Turn away, face a handy wall, and bang your head a few times. Then cry a bit. Perhaps a bit more, if you want.

Then forget it. Every dealer I talk to tells me that they never, repeat never, see a car for valuation with perfect alloys.

Mind you, I still cry a bit about my alloys. Just now and then, though.
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - BazzaBear {P}
there are firms which do Alloy refurbs, and I think they're usually in the line of £20 per wheel.
Worth a look through your local yellow Pages?
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - Altea Ego
38k miles, 21 months, still pristine alloys - many a taxi needed to get to the kerb from the door mind you.

Damn - i should Never have mentioned it.

kerbed an alloy - what to do? - Schnitzel
Depends how bad, if it looks like PacMan, then no can do, but if the rim has just got scraped off paint and the metal underneath is grazed/rough, it's not that hard to repair and mask and paint, and the results are usually fines, and the wheel rims are so contoured, and contrasted next to the black tyre. Mine look perfect, unless you kneel down when they have just been washed, and I have painted the rims, where tyre-fitters and weights have worn it away.
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - frostbite
"many a taxi needed to get to the kerb from the door mind you.
"

Memories of Woody Allen saying to Diane Keaton, "It's OK, I can walk to the kerb from here".
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - Robert J.
My local 'ChipsAway' operative came round and did mine outside my house. He made a good job of it too.
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - Badger
Why worry? It's only a car.
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - smokie
Yep, just be grateful you didn't D it. I did, last year, and it wasn't cheap to replace...
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - L'escargot
<< Every dealer I talk to tells me
that they never, repeat never, see a car for valuation with
perfect alloys.

No wonder the dealer looked amazed when he saw my pristine 80k examples!
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - autumnboy
If its not too deep or to big on the rim edge. Why not do as they do in the trade, get some wet & dry, rub it down, spray alloy spray paint you can get from Halfords with a few coats, drying each coat with a hair dryer (if she will let you use hers) then finish with a couple coats of laquer.

But test the colour on the inside of the rim to see if it matches.

Otherwise save some money, to get it done by a Pro.
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - Dogbreath2
"Why not do as they do in the trade, get some wet & dry, rub it down, spray alloy spray paint you can get from Halfords with a few coats, drying each coat with a hair dryer (if she will let you use hers) then finish with a couple coats of laquer."

So that explains why apparently floorless alloys on my car (bought used) suddenly revealled some nasty scrapes after a few months.....even though I swear I never touched a curb.
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - tyrexpert
if the damage is minor chips away and there ilk are very good. if wheels are scored then the best in the business are Pristine in Milton Keynes. not cheap but I believe the best in the business. Have tyre removed, give them a ring and they will arrange collection.
kerbed an alloy - what to do? - R40
I'll second that tyreexpert. Pristine cost more money but they do a great job.