Distributor - raghu
I had a Daewoo(espero model) Car. My distributor got packed up. I heard from one of the mechanics that I can replace the distributor with an Vauxhall Cavalier's distributor. Can any one confirm this pl.
I could not get the Daewoo's distributor in the MotorMania or Lucas parts or any other shop. All reffered me to the Daewoo showroom, where they are charging £300. Can any one suggest if I can go with Vauxhall Cavalier's distributor or can get it in some car spare parts shop ??

Many Thanks
Re: Distributor - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
As the engine in the Daewoo is a GM unit it is feasible to replace it with a GM distributor. I would need to know any numbers on the distributor plus the Engine and chassis numbers (from the V5 document) The colour of the distributor cap will usually identify whether the unit is Bosch (brown) or Lucas (black). The Bosch distributors are usually repairable. A common fault with both distributors is corrosion of the 3 pin plug arrangement on the side of the distributor. Careful cleaning of the pins and receptacles can effect a cure. Be sure to smear vaseline into the connection to prevent reoccurence.