Seat belt jams - Rover 400 - Car
On my 1999 Rover 400 sometimes when I go to put the seat belt on, I find that not enough seat belt comes out i.e it locks and I can just about buckle up.

I think the problem may be that the seat belt has become tangled up in the B post. How easy is this to fix at home bearing in mind my car has SRS system.

Thanks
Seat belt jams - Rover 400 - Cliff Pope
If you can sometimes persuade it to all run out, then you could try squirting on Halfords nylon lubricant (I think it is called)as you very slowly allow it to rewind. Don't just let he belt go - the recoiling belt can flail around and wrap itself in knots.
Seat belt jams - Rover 400 - SkintSteve
Don't know much about the 400 but seat belt reels often have to be bolted to the bodywork at a particular angle. If the angle is not right they will lock if the belt is pulled out anything other than very slow.
Seat belt jams - Rover 400 - Civic8
Any seatbelt needs to be pulled out slowly..If you dont it locks..I doubt it has tangled.B- post. Safety restraint system is airbag system..They do suffer as any other motor.if car at a severe angle on possibly driveway/road..Not seen one so far tangled unless extreme force put on it to return..bear in mind you need to push it..
--
Steve