C4 fixed hub steering wheel - PhilW
Just read an interesting article in Autoexpress about the development of the C4 fixed hub steering wheel in which they mentioned that Citroen first used it on a C4 of 1928 (took a long time to get the C4 on the market!!) but it brought to mind the steering wheels of vintage cars with various controls such as advance and retard etc and I can't picture them rotating either. First car I owned was a Sunbeam Alpine (1949 model, 20 yrs old when I bought it!) and it had two small chromed levers coming from the steering wheel boss - one for indicators (semaphore) and one for dip/main beam. I can't picture them rotating with steering either. So, is the fixed hub something that used to be very common and has been reinvented, or is my memory playing tricks. (As it increasingly seems to!!)
C4 fixed hub steering wheel - Algernon
Quite correct.

On earlier beasts it was often the mixture and hand throttle controls - the anti cruise control brigade would scarcely approve the latter!
C4 fixed hub steering wheel - Algernon
Forgot ignition advance and retard. Mixture more probably on dash (not awake yet!).