ERVs in contraflows - mike100
From where I live, I look out over a fairly long stretch of dual carriageway which is currently being resurfaced. Consequently there is a contraflow operating - single lane in each direction. On several occassions I have noticed ERVs (from all three services - but not all at the same time) negotiating the contraflow with traffic in front of them and the "blues and twos" going. What do they expect those vehicles in front of them to do? All the laybys are coned off. There is no hard shoulder. i.e. you can't get out of their way. Are they trying to get you to speed up to hurry their progress throught the contraflow, breaking the temporary speed limit in the process - and would this be a valid defence in the event of getting "done"? Any ERV drivers on the forum with an explanation?
ERVs in contraflows - frostbite
Not an ERV driver but I would imagine, they have to take that route for their destination and, they have to keep the blues & twos going in case an opportunity presents itself through increased awareness.
ERVs in contraflows - Alyn Beattie
ERV ?
--
Alyn Beattie

I\'m sane, it\'s the rest of the world that\'s mad.
ERVs in contraflows - Adam {P}
Emergency response vehicle.

Imagine if someone hit them or they hit someone else, on a job, with no blues and twos on.
--
Adam