about insurance - friendly
Hi, I am a new driver and I'm just wondering .... can I earn NCD as an additional driver?
about insurance - Adam {P}
Hi.

Simple answer would be no. The longer answer would be....no.

Sorry.
--
Adam
about insurance - MarkSmith
...although some insurance companies might consider that you have been a named driver for some time and give you a year or two of NCB as an introductory offer - just have to shop around when you come to getting insurance and see if anyone's feeling generous.

-Mark
about insurance - friendly
Thank you for your reply :)
about insurance - L'escargot
I don't know whether it still applies, but when I first went with CIS (Co-operative Insurance Society) they gave a 25% discount to new drivers. If you then had an accident in the first year, the premium went up. I can recommend CIS, because everything is straightforward and above board. If you get a prospectus, you can work out the premium yourself ~ well, at least you could when I first went with them.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
about insurance - Hugo {P}
When we insured a 2nd car a few years ago, Direct Line would not give us any discount on it as the group was too high.I was looking at paying the full price for one car.

I contacted Peter Goord (01752 361888) and the took on both vehicles. I got a 2nd car discount, equivilent to the full ncd I had with the first with NIG on the second car, who also insured the first as well, but this made no difference.

So, if you're living at home, and are thinking of getting a car, then this may be an option, depending on your age of course.

Hugo