Forecourt data - v8man
I don't wish to sound uncharitable, but there seems to an ever increasing number of posts for information that is readily available from the vehicles handbook - oil spec, tyre pressures and sizes etc.Is this really what the forum is for?
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Forecourt data - borasport20
You are assuming that everybody has the vehicle's handbook, and that it contains the appropriate information, and that it does so in a clear, concise and easily findable manner, which is increasingly not the case

--
\"I ought not to let my mind wander - it\'s too small to be out on its own\"

www.mikes-wa
Forecourt data - kithmo
The vehicle handbook only refers to the manufacturer's recommendations, using manufacturer's products. Sometimes manufacturers' change their minds on recommendations when new models come out, new legislation comes into force or when unforseen problems occur with the recommended settings. Don't forget, most of the manufacturer's testing is done by Joe Public after a product is launched. Also sometimes people want choice and may not want to use the manufacturer's products.
Forecourt data - v8man
Eh? Manufacturers products - oil viscosity, tyre pressures, tyre sizes? I don't understand.
--
Forecourt data - Altea Ego
To be fair a lot of car handbooks are useless these days

ie for renault and peugeot for example they say
if you have xud engine use x oil
if you have xe9 engine use y
if you have yyz use 123

etc etc

It takes a bit of working out to decode your engine code from the vin plate.
Forecourt data - kithmo
Eh? Manufacturers products - oil viscosity, tyre pressures, tyre sizes? I
don't understand.
--

If you don't understand then post a question like us lesser mortals do. I see you've conveniently dropped the "etc." and changed the word "spec" to "viscosity" to make your retort to my answer sound more sensible. Now you are sounding uncharitable.