Ford Fiesta Stereo Help. - Badgerman

Hello all. Long time no post. I'm after some impartial advice regarding a 'K' plate Ford Fiesta Ghia I have just bought for the Missus. It's a grand little car. I have stereo issue's I believe she is a Ford 2006/2007/2008 radio cassette player, I know you are all thinking get with the times but all in good time. It comes up with the ellusive code reqd message, believe battery has recently been disconnected and as such requires code, I have only just bought the car and surprise, surprise as Cilla would say no code with it! I have phone the guy who I bought it from but alas he does not have any idea either, can anyone shed some light/assistance on this one? I'm sure many years ago I heard tales of people putting ford stereo's into a freezer for 10 mins. Ford dealer the best bet?

Oh and family car I opted for a 2003 Vectra Saloon DTI, it was this or the Citreon C5. A spoiler and a cracking blue colour she goes like a train, most impressed.
Ford Fiesta Stereo Help. - Ivor E Tower
Any Ford dealer should be able to supply the code for your radio - bad news is that most of them will ask for a fee for doing this :-(( Otherwise it may be possible to decode it from the serial number. If nobody can help you further here, try a post in the Fiesta section of fordgalaxy.org.uk; we have a couple of members who usually help out for free.
Ford Fiesta Stereo Help. - Vansboy
The Ford dealer will get the code, check £$£$£ first.

Also - check the plastic wallet & handbook, if it's still around.The code number will be stamped in there, within a tear off section on radio instruction booklet IIRC.

Better still, get one of the discounted stereos Halfords always offering.£70ish gets her into CD land, to sing along to,
on her travels!!

VB
Ford Fiesta Stereo Help. - Dynamic Dave
Try taking the stereo out the dash and see if the case has had the code written on it. It's not as daft as you might seem. If it's ever been previously repaired, this is what a lot of people do to "aid" the repair engineer. Trouble is, some people forget to scrub out the code that's been written after it come back from repair.
Ford Fiesta Stereo Help. - AR-CoolC
Ive also seen the codes writen on the under side of ashtrays and on the B posts behind the seat belt.

Worth a look.
(Glass-Tech)