new battery and one-touch windows. - Ian (Cape Town)
This is something I posted on a local site. Thought it may come in useful at some stage....
Was out and about this weekend, and noticed the starter was getting progressively more 'tired' each time...
Thought I'd get away with it until today, but no. Went out this morning, the starter didn't even want to engage. I tried the windows, and they were very sluggish ...
So, off across the road to local battery/exhaust/tyre place. Explain situation, he says no problem, we jump in his car with toolbox and new battery and back home. He disconnects battery, connects a quick charger to it, and we open the top. dead cell.
I suppose 4 and a half years at least isn't bad for the old battery!

Being an auto, I can't take chances, so fit new battery, A-for-away! Ok, small matter of $$$ for a new one, but what the hell, i'll let the bank manager worry about that one!
BUT en route to work, discover the 'one touch' facility on the windows no longer works!
Now I have to hold the button down to make the windows work! Nothing in Haynes about this!
Any ideas?

The VWs & Audi's you have to re-program... this means closing the drivers window fully (I'd do this with ignition in ON position (but not started)) let go of the switch. Again pull to close and hold for 4-5 secs... One touch re-enabled..

It worked. Hopefully this will help somebody in the future.
Thnx
new battery and one-touch windows. - Dynamic Dave
Same applies with Vauxhall. Close window, release button, then hold down the button for a couple of seconds.
Vauxhall/Opel. Same difference!
new battery and one-touch windows. - Dynamic Dave
I thought you were refering to vw/audi.
Oops, sorry - I should have stated that my car is an Opel!
BTW, a lot of folk round here 'rebadge' their Opels as Vauxhalls. Why???!!!!????