Dealer dispute - indie
I purchased a Ford Ranger from a Ford dealership 6 months ago. The vehicle has been back for warranty repairs on numerous occasions. There is still an outstanding problem with the clutch. They have advised that in order for the Warranty company to inspect the problem. I have to pay for the vehicle to be stripped down - approx £1000. If the fault is deemed wear and tear I have to pay the full cost to put it all back together.
I have yet to speak to the Warranty company to validate this. Can anyone offer advice as to where I stand on this.
Dealer dispute - Truckosaurus
Sounds par for the course for a after market warranty most of them aren't worth the paper they are written on, like where they say that they won't pay for any subsequent damage so if your cambelt breaks they'll cough up the £50 for the belt but not the resultant engine rebuild.

I'd query the £1000 price. Even at £100 per hour labour rates that will be 10hrs work, the Ford Ranger is ultra-low tech they should be able to get to all of the clutch components much quicker than that.
Dealer dispute - Roger Jones
Looks like a main dealer trying it on. £1000 is a suspiciously round number and perfect for bashing a punter with.

* Phone the warranty company and report the matter to them. Make sure you talk to someone of appropriate seniority, because this issue looks pretty serious. If they say the dealer is talking nonsense, follow up in writing and request formally that they discuss the matter with the dealer in the most serious terms and report to you on the outcome.

* If the warranty company surprises us all by agreeing with the dealer, write to the industry regulator for such warranty companies, because from what you have reported the position taken seems so unreasonable as to stand little chance of surviving a court case.

Let us know what happens in any case.
Dealer dispute - Mark (RLBS)
Why is the warranty relevant ? Presumably this is a defect from when you bought the car and therefore is the responsibility of the dealer. If he can recover his money from the warranty company, all well and good, but hardly your issue.