Fiesta Accelerator sticking - volvos60T5SE
My Grandmother has a 1993 L reg 1.1 litre fiesta, no injection (carb) (POS), every so often, the accelerator stcks, i have changed the accelerator cable and oiled the springs that control the throttle. However, this did not solve the problem, does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!!!
Fiesta Accelerator sticking - buzbee
You don't say whether it sticks when nearly closed or when accelerating.

You have changed the cable. That leaves a sticking foot pedal and the carb. as the remaining possibilities.

Assuming the carb. sticks when nearly closed, this could be the butterfly -- used to be called that in my day. Something about the size of a two-pence piece that rotates in the air intake to cut off the air supply when the throttle closes.

It is held by a shaft across the carb. intake and the throttle linkage is on the outside end of the shaft. The 'two-pence' is a pretty good fit and so if there is play in the shaft, it can bind on one side on the intake wall when nearly closed because it is no longer central.

Check for shaft play by waggling the throttle end sideways to see if there is play. Ideally also the other end but access to that is difficult, although you may see the shaft wobble in its hole. If need be, disconnect the throttle and springs and rotate by hand, pressing sideways, and see if you can make it bind just as it is about to close.

Hope yours is not one of those Volvos that flash me every time they go over a bump, especially when following me.
Fiesta Accelerator sticking - volvos60T5SE
Thanks for that Buzbee, YEP THATS MY VOLVO!