Volvo sidelights - madux
A simple question that I hope somebody out there can answer.
How can I disconnect the permanently-on lights on my 'new' 940?
Her Indoors sees nothing wrong with them, but after 30 years of flashing my headlights at Volvos and saying "look, that silly prat has left his lights on" I do feel a bit of a hypocrite.
Saabs have a (marked) fuse that can be pulled out.
I can find no such thing in the Volvo.
Volvo sidelights - SjB {P}
I don't know, but if you have no joy here, post the question in the General or Other Models fora at www.volvospy.com and in my experience you'll probably succeed in learning the answer
Volvo sidelights - Cliff Pope
If they are the same as the 240, then they are not sidelights but separate, higher-rated "driving lights". Just take the bulbs out.
Or you could swallow your pride and live with them. I think they are actually rather useful. In circumstances where you might think it didn't really warrant putting the headlights on, you have the security of quite a lot of permanent extra visibility. I'm thinking of stretches of road where you momentarily go through a darker bit caused by overhanging trees, or a bridge where it goes dark for about 3 seconds.
In any case, it's not purely a Volvo feature these days.
A one-time Volvo feature I would disable is the dim-dip (just pull a fuse). I once drove another car ahead of mine, and noticed that the permanently glowing headlights looked as if someone was flashing me every time the car went over a bump.
Volvo sidelights - volvos60T5SE
If there is a small screw next to the headlight switch, if there is, turn it until your headlights turn off.

Hope this has helped