Petrol Drinker - lubbin
I share a car with my mum and it seems that when I don't use the car the petrol lasts forever but when I drive the it decreases really fast. Is there a way I should be driving to prevent this? Am I doing something wrong or is is more to do with where I'm driving?

For example my mum goes nowhere but the next town for work every day, where I like to go gallavanting off. I'm not talking about distance really because I know that's going to use fuel, I mean driving method - even on short journeys the car seems to be very thirsty if I'm driving.

Thanks!
Petrol Drinker - hillman
This has been dealt with in other threads, no doubt the Mods will point the way. But really, the method depends on type and age of car. The accepted wisdom was to drive as though there is an egg between your foot and the brake pedal, and slow down well before you know that you will have to stop, i.e. no unecessary late braking.
Petrol Drinker - Civic8
You didnt specify motor driven. it would help?
--
Was mech1
Petrol Drinker - lubbin
Sorry, it's a brand new Nissan Micra 1.2
Petrol Drinker - Civic8
From what Father in law. found out it is rather thirsty. gather it is worst unit to have. Dont take my word for it though. I see why though. Nissan put him off buying it. Though I think he is interested in 1.4 ish 1.3 forget now?.Only part of waffle I listened to was keyless ignition. sliding rear seats?.these salesmen do go on. Hence to say he is only thinking about it.
--
Was mech1