Peugeot 405 remote locking keys - ROBIN
Has any ingenious person found a source of these that doesnt involve paying my local Peugeot dealer the price of two decent restaurant meals?
Since the chip itself is no more than a fivers worth I dislike being held to ransom.
It doesnt need to be connected to the key,either.
Re: Peugeot 405 remote locking keys - Alwyn
We were charged £75 to have two keys made for a Mondeo. As we only had one with the car we were unable to copy a new set ourselves.

When I asked the dealer how long he wanted the car for, he said "between one and a half and four hours, we have to re-code everything"

I have re-coded chips for metering equipment in the past and it took minutes.

Does anyone know what exactly is involved? I suspect they merely connect up to the ignition switch and squirt a new code in. After all, that is how we could have coded a key if we had two initially. (Can't do it with just one)

As for getting around the main dealer prices, I was told, I think by someone in this forum that the big security alarm companies are able to re-code vehicles.

Worth a phone call?
Recoding - John Slaughter
Alwyn

It takes less than 5 minutes to code a new ignition key for a Vauxhall - I watched my dealer do it.

Regards

JS
Re: Recoding - Alwyn
John,

Just as I thought.

Cheers
Recoding - David Lacey
Vauxhalls are renowned for easy re-coding. Try recoding keys etc on a Rover 75 then!

David
Re: Recoding - ROBIN
But this is a Peugeot,ergo the electrics are of the simplest,cheapest type obtainable,so someone somewhere must be able to make cheap little clikkers!