52 Corolla driveshaft failure - RobertJS
I've had a '52 plate Corolla TSport for about 15 months and it has covered 26000 miles. It went to the garage this morning because the VSC warning light came on and the traction control turned itself off last night - investigation has revealed a replacement driveshaft is required. This seems like a rather premature failure to me (!) but my rather strange question is - could this damage have been caused by ants? It is parked everyday on land teeming with them. Or is that a daft question?
52 Corolla driveshaft failure - Sooty Tailpipes
Sounds more like sensor teeth on the driveshaft than the driveshaft.
I doubt ants culd cause this, more like hungry robots.

Be wary of parking near ants, years ago, I had a BMW parked on grass while I was away on holiday for two weeks, when I used the car again, they had turned it into a nest, and were behind all the sound deadening under the bonnet between it and the bulkhead, and also, there was the odd one walking around inside, but I found they had colonised the heating system, it was awful, I literally had to flush them out with hot water and pesticide.
52 Corolla driveshaft failure - RobertJS
Thanks, i will keep an eye out for them - i have already had them inside the car.
(By the way, managed to speak to the technician & apparently there is too much play in the driveshaft joint - being unsure what the cause was he is going to replace the whole assembly. I think it might be pothole/speed hump damage.)