Chugging Noise on 91' Fiesta XR2i - Steveo4869
HI,

I have a chugging noise coming from my Fiesta XR2i any time I haven't got the front wheels dead straight (when moving). I have had both front tyres replaced and the tracking is spot on. The noise appears to be coming from the tyre area and don't know if it's a suspension problem or something else. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steveo4869
Chugging Noise on 91' Fiesta XR2i - SjB {P}
If I had to place a bet, and it is drivetrain related, it would be on one or both driveshaft CV joints.
Chugging Noise on 91' Fiesta XR2i - Steveo4869
Many Thanks I was thinking it might be a Driveshaft problem also. Could I test to confirm it is the CV joint by greasing the joint and running it to see if the problem goes short term, do you think this would be viable???
Chugging Noise on 91' Fiesta XR2i - Dynamic Dave
Have you looked under the car to see if any of the cv joint rubber gators have split?

If they show no signs of tears, then find an empty car park (supermarket one, Sunday Evening for instance) and drive round in a circle slowly on full lock. No repeat on opposite full lock. You should be able to detect which side of the car has the dodgy cv joint. I'd be very surprised if both sides have failed, unless or course the car hardly ever gets serviced ;o)