Proof of NCD - Help! - SteveH42
Right, things are getting daft now. My broker has promised twice on the phone that they would get a proof of NCD sent out to me and nothing has materialised. The new InsCo claim that when they phoned my old company they said the policy was still in force. They are now asking for more money as they think I'm using the NCD on another policy.

Where can I go from here? The broker of the previous policy was told I was not intending to renew with them, I have made no payment to them and have no other car to insure but how do I prove this to my new InsCo and get the relevant info out of the old one before I have to cough up another couple of hundred?
Proof of NCD - Help! - martint123
Speak to your old insurance company and ask when the policy expired (expires??) if they renewed it without your authority or payment ask them why. You should normally have got a renewal noticed from them stating NCD. Forget the broker for the time being, go to the insurer - threaten going to the FSA (who took over from the IOB for complaints.

The trouble is that I don't have any direct contact details for the insurer aside from a claims hotline. They got around the NCD on renewal thing by sending out a letter inviting me to contact them for a quote rather than sending anything concrete out.
Proof of NCD - Help! - Stuartli
The ABI has a very extensive database of individuals holding car insurance and your intended new insurance company should be able to check this way if necessary; an alternative would be to provide the name of your current insurer to the new insurer.

Frankly, any organisation getting up to such devious devices should be avoided like the plague in any case.

Apart from one instance, I've never had to provide proof of my NCD to a new insurer and have presumed it has checked it out using the method described.

Traffic and other police officers are now able to use the ABI database to check out motorists' insurance on an individual basis.
Proof of NCD - Help! - Mark (RLBS)
It can take, although it shouldn't, up to 3 months for an inefficient broker to advise an insurer that a policy was nto renewed. And even then its normally as a result of the accounts being received.
Well, my broker assured me they have told the company the policy was not going to be renewed and have asked them three times now to send out a proof of NCD. Tesco are trying to get confirmation again - they have in all honest been very good over this as I'm sure other companies would have made more forceful demands for payment by now.

I think I'm well away from this broker and their panel of insurers - they seemed cheap when I moved to them but I have had no back-up at all from them in the two claims and now getting the details needed to move away to someone else...
Proof of NCD - Help! - Dalglish
The trouble is that I don't have any direct contact details
for the insurer aside from a claims hotline.

>>

with a little digging, you can find out all you need to know.

then write to them, marked "for the personal attention of x-y-z", x-y-z being the name of their chief exec.

send it by recorded delivery.

add a ps saying you are sending a copy to tesco and to your broker. for the cost of three 1st class postage stamps and one recorded delivery, your problem should be resolved.