Car wars - teabelly
Did anyone watch this on beeb one this evening? If not it was about the met police and their team of car crime people trying to locate one prolific car dealer and catching a few others at the same time. At least I can guess where all those stolen w123 mercs are ending up :-)

One thing that one of them said which mystified me somewhat was that if you bought a stolen car you never had good title to it but I thought if you bought from a proper dealer or an auction with the good title addition the car was legally yours and couldn't be taken back by the original owner or the insurance company if they paid out. The chap might have just been talking about private sales as it was not made clear whether the guy doing the selling was acting as a dealer or a private seller.
teabelly
Car wars - Robin Reliant
Biggest eye-opener was the Nigrian police helicopter which on one run picked up so many stolen cars with tracking devices fitted that it could not actually identify which individual vehicles the signals were coming from.

Car wars - Geffers
I thought it was a very interesting program. In addition to being brought up to speed with what these villains are up to, I learnt that "flat packing" goods for shipping was not exclusive to furniture people - like IKEA and similar!

Here's a thought for our BRs. Imagine the scene if you walked into a Lagos dealership wanting to buy a car. The conversation by the dealer would go something like: "Once you let us know what you want, we will source the vehicle from a country in the EU. Since it will arrive here in flat pack form, you can choose the colour of the roof and other panel parts from our extensive stock. At the same time, you can choose to have a petrol or diesel engine, and with a turbocharger if required"
Upon receipt of your payment, our team of dedicated, highly trained techs will assemble and test the vehicle. Once it has been inspected by the Lagos vehicle inspectorate, it will be delivered to you with a full tank of gas"

If Lagos is the destination for stolen vehicles, maybe the ABI should have a team of people working there trying to recover their losses!
Car wars - Mapmaker
I had somebody watch it for me. And the endless 'Staff Car' jokes have been getting me down ever since. (Something to do with the sand coloured Wagen which was my first one being associated with Rommel.)
Car wars - THe Growler
If you want similar in the Philippines, I know who to point you to. May take a while because of the shipping from the W. Coast. Comes in through the duty-free port at Subic (the old US Naval base). Everybody knows about it and it's common practice. Got some nice California-spec Mercs and Beemers cruising around. Harleys also.

Getting the reg papers is easy but paying off the Customs to get some import papers is very important otherwise you won't be able to sell it later on.

I mean how can all these Congressmen on picayune salaries afford to run around in Lexi, Hummers, and son and so forth?

Got meself a nice brand new top of the line Nokia last week at 2/3rds of sticker price.........pity the manual's in Mandarin, can't have everything I guess.

It's called demand and supply.

LOL........I can hear the tut-tutting across 2 continents already....