Renault Scenic - bit of a dog? - Jonathan {p}
Just seen the latest advert for the scenic. Apparently the selling point is that its like a dog. Have I missed something?

Renault Scenic - bit of a dog? - VTiredeyes
woof woof, just hope it cleans up after itself, messy beasts !
Renault Scenic - bit of a dog? - Big Ron
Hmmmmmmm.........expensive trips to have problems with its innards sorted? Leaves a mess on the driveway? Liable to bite the hand that feeds it?

Might be a bit of a dog alright.....
Renault Scenic - bit of a dog? - Altea Ego
Fear not Scenic Lovers your defender is here........

Nope... 4 years from new, most practical car I ever had, never let me down,no unsceduled trips to the vet, wife Nicolle, son Andre, Grand Mere, and family pooch Fifi have all nagged me lots since I swapped for the svelt and sexy lines of the laguna.

Dog? no it was a family pet, much loved. (and much abused)
Renault Scenic - bit of a dog? - Mapmaker
Perhaps you missed the fact that it's a Renault...

[Ducks hides. No, ducks have feathers.]
Renault Scenic TV advert - RB
Have we all seen the new Renault Scenic telly advert? The one where it develops a mind of its own, drives round in circles (as a dog does) then ends with the rear window wiper spinning around?

It does a good job of being humourous, but let's hope that it is not a subtle warning of potential electrical faults that Renaults are (allegedly) likely to be prone to!!
Renault Scenic TV advert - Jonathan {p}
RB

Already discussed here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=21...5

Where it now resides :o) ND
Renault Scenic TV advert - Pugugly {P}
Possibly a drawback of Global Marketing...what might be amusing in mainland Europe may have an unfortunate spin in other countries. I am surprised that Renault UK marketing bods let this one through. Nothing like my dog,I hope, which as previously reported has a most evil temper and totally unforgiving nature - but has Germanic build quality and reliability.
New Scenic - Is it a dog? - Ben79
Is there a hidden message in the new Scenic TV advert? Has anyone here driven one? Is it a dog really?

It\'s OK using the wiper as a tail and a creaky window crying at you, but what\'s the car like?

I can\'t think of any adverts that suggest a car is a lemon though.

{moved to an existing thread on the same subject. DD.}
New Scenic - Is it a dog? - David R
Just returned from 2 weeks hols with a high spec 120DCi as fhe family hire car. I hated it, but only because we have an MPV already, and SWMBO loved it so much she wanted to change my 3 series BMW for a new one. Two MPVs in the family would be a bit much! It really is the consumate sensible family car, really thoughtfully designed, but I can't quite see the panache and personality that others think is present. It really is a terrific car for its purpose, and the DCi engine is much more refined than the PD unit in my Alhambra. I love my Alhambra to bits (really!), but I thought it was a van after the scenic, and I never thought I would say that. The dash is an ergonomic disaster though,it feels cheap (its rubber!) and the digital display is awful. The automatic handbrake takes some getting used to, and does not work that well.

All in all the definitive (sensible) family car.