Mondeo Key recodeing - mick_the_mod
Ive just got a 2001 mondeo it came with only 1 key - I can get a new one for the reasonable price of £21 . BUT . the handbook says I need 2 keys to code another and my local dealer says Io need the car "booked in" at a cost of nearly £100 to get the new key coded. Is there a way around this?
Mick
Mondeo Key recodeing - Dynamic Dave
Not sure if these previously posted sites help or not.

www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm
www.fordmondeo.org/mods_keyfob.htm

Mondeo Key recodeing - Bill Black
Hi Mick, Tell him he's a tealeaf, my local Citroen dealer (in Norway of all expensive places) supplied a brand new C5 blipper for ca.£40 and coded it in about 20 mins. and charged me about £60 all-in. And that's in a country that slaps 100% tax on any new car - regardless.
Not much help I know but he must be trying it on, try somewhere else.
Cheers
Bill
Mondeo Key recodeing - kithmo
Mick, I had exactly the same problem when I bought my 2001 Mondeo. I'm afraid it's true, you need 2 keys already coded to be able to re-code one yourself using the procedure in the handbook. The only way is to get a new master key coded (assuming you have the remote key, as I did). You can have this done at the Ford agent, it cost me about £80, or apparently there are some locksmiths that have the capabiltity to do it for about half that (none near me).
Mondeo Key recodeing - trymybest
2001 mondeos do not have a master key.Yhe system will need two keys to programme the system,also it wiil need to go on to the wds system as the programming may require an out code from the pats module which has to go hrough to ford to obtain an input code.
Mondeo Key recodeing - Armitage Shanks{P}
There was previous discussion of this subject here;

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=13...2