What to write on receipt - pdc {P}
I know that there was a thread running here recently about private sales, sold as seen, and what to write on the receipt. My search skills aren't up to much and I can't find the thread. Friend has a prospective buyer for her car and wanted to tell her what to put on the receipt.
What to write on receipt - No Do$h
I think this is the thread you are looking for

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=14446

No Dosh
mailto:Alan_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk
What to write on receipt - J Bonington Jagworth
Oh, THAT thread! You've probably put him off completely now, ND.. :-)
What to write on receipt - rory
I've just 'wasted' about 25 minutes of company time ( ie: I should be working ! ) reading the thread referred to. It is utterly fascinating, very informative, and as a relative newcomer to the world of forums etc one of the best endorsemenmts of new technolgy I have come across. Well done to everyone.
What to write on receipt - Mapmaker
So have I, Rory!

The one thing that doesn't seem to have been covered on that thread is the old chestnut (surely it is just urban myth) whereby the purchaser turns up one evening with loads of cash (all genuine) and takes away the car.

Half an hour later, there is a knock on the door which reveals 3 big 'heavies' in balaclavas who proceed to take away the money.

The suggestion is that you should undertake this transaction in a bank.

Has this happened to anybody (NOT to the milkman's brother's friend!)?
What to write on receipt - Mangetout
Even worse, I've just squandered 30 mins of self-employed time in the same way.

Must say though, very educational. Fascinating thread with much erudite opinion.
What to write on receipt - Ben {P}
I leant a lot from that thread. For all subsequent sales i have printed out the receipt from the AA web-site, and given a copy to both parties.

Watch out, people will leave depsoits promises etc to get you to pull your adverts, then come back and try and knock you down from the agreed price for defects they knew fullwell were present at the time they agreed to the deal. If you take a deposit keep it small. I just wont take them anymore. Selling privately can be hard work. Last car i sold i had three people say they would buy it, but never turned up with the cash. The eventual buyer rang in the morning, arrived a few hours later, inspected the car, drove it, gave me the cash, and drove away. Deal done in 45mins. There are good people out, and there are many time wasters. Use your insticts.
What to write on receipt - pdc {P}
Didn't think to use the words "private sale" in my search. can not believe the thread is from last July. could have sworn it was December!!!!
What to write on receipt - helicopter
After 37 years of working life making deals worldwide every day I have never ended up with courtroom confrontation.

I think that thread is a fascinating and invaluable lesson in how not to conduct a negotiation.

It also illustrates the need to put everything in writing in any deal.

It was Sam Goldwyn who said 'a verbal contract is not worth the paper its written on '.

In my experience if either party to a negotiation feels the other is 'trying to put one over them' then it will lead to problems and the only people to benefit are lawyers .

What to write on receipt - malteser
Try " If this car is rubbish I will haunt you till your dying day"
Roger.