sell or keep? - barney100
I am running an m reg mercedes 220 diesel with 130000 miles on the clock. I say I should sell it and update but my wife says keep it and only change when the crusher looms. Who do you think is right?
sell or keep? - PR {P}
I would think you'll always lose money on changing a car. Unless it is costing money to keep going, or you'tr desperate for a change, then I'd stick with it
sell or keep? - Roger Jones
Look after it and keep it. It has at least another 100k in it.
sell or keep? - Ivor E Tower
Depends on whether or not you like the car, if you have identified something else that you would prefer, and (probably most importantly) if you have the money to change, which you don't need to spend on anything else.
Personally I prefer to stick with a car I know and is trouble-free until such time as I inherit sufficient money (or get lucky on the lottery etc) that I know that changing cars regularly won't affect my standard of living! Could be some while yet......
sell or keep? - DavidHM
Unless you actually want rid of the car, keep it. It's worth maybe £4000 and doesn't really owe you anything. Look after it and it'll probably be good for five more trouble free years, after which you'll still get a grand and a bit if it's all working. Okay, it's a bit slow (0-60 in about 18 seconds IIRC) but it's still practical, reasonably safe, probably reliable, and the image of an old Merc is generally of someone who's made it and is satisfied with what he has in life.

Of course, if you're asking this question because there's a nice new car you have your eye on, then there's no reason to deny yourself if that's what you want to spend your money on. There's just no pressing financial or practical reason to get rid of it.