Seethe...! Parking Extortion.. - P.Mason {P}
Last Sunday evening, my son, age 23,a self-employed musician,(jazz double bass) parked his car in a London pay-and?display car park while he played at the R.A.C.Club. (The car park is usually free on a Sunday.)

When he returned later in the evening, his car had been towed away, together with several others parked near it. There were no signs that parking was restricted other than a small notice on the ticket machine (which he hadn?t thought he needed to check as he had parked there before on a Sunday..) stating that parking was restricted ?opposite lamp post 12 on the 15th. and 16th. due to filming\'.. No tapes, barriers or cones were in evidence.

He phoned the number on the notice, and went to the pound, where he had to pay £200 for the release of the car (more than two days income)

He?s writing to complain to the council about the lack of visible warnings, and will probably send a copy of the letter to Ken Livingstone. Has anyone in the BR had a similar experience, if so, what are his chances of a result?

P.
Seethe...! Parking Extortion.. - Ravster
get pictures and write to council setting out facts pointing out that inadequate/inneffective notices are not valid etc

Happened to me once - copied my letter to council's lawyer -worked a treat

Regards
Seethe...! Parking Extortion.. - jeds
Somebody told me the other day that his father got a ticket at Bristol Parkway Rail station because his wheels were half way over the white line. He parked between several other cars which were also not quite in the bays and when he returned about 8 hours later there were still three of them there all with tickets.

The thing is, you just know that the original culprit will have parked close to the line but probably not on it so would have got away without a ticket.
Seethe...! Parking Extortion.. - cooperman_66
In the eyes of the law, a sign about parking costs is only valid if displayed in a prominent postion where you would normally be expected to see it ie it's no use on the exit ramp! you have a good case there, persue! if neccessary, use the small claims court.
Daz
Seethe...! Parking Extortion.. - Bromptonaut
If this was a Council car park in London then you may have a right to ask the Council to reconsider and an appeal to an independent adjudicator if they still won't play ball. The adjudicators website www.parkingandtrafficappeals.gov.uk has some useful cases about suspended bays etc.