New Land Cruiser (LC2 -LC5) - JimT
Currently have a Land Cruiser LC5 on order, and am now getting a bit windy having never owned a Toyota. Last 3 cars have been Land Rovers, but after reading various reviews on th LC, I fancied a change.

Is anyone out there running one of these beasties? If so I would like to hear of any good or bad points.

Just need to reconvince myself that I have made the right choice!

Cheers

Jim
New Land Cruiser (LC2 -LC5) - THe Growler
I hope I don't disrupt anything here with the following. Myself and two other retired pals are purchasing a sizeable acreage in the Northern Territory by way of a hidey-hole for a few months each year. It's some ways of the beaten track and in the wet season could possibly be inaccessible without a 4WD.

In July we went vehicle hunting for a suitable 4X4. Obviously the Toyota dealer in Darwin was the first stop. "Obviously" because of the high rep the LC has in Australia. Those fellers who live way off the highway and often have to cover many km on remote tracks wouldn't have any time for anything which didn't cut the mustard. So red dust encrusted LC's of all ages are everywhere. Get talking round the bar and it's easy to get solid opinions from serious LC users. They are less complimentary about Land-Rovers so I think that says most of it. You certainly won't have any mechanical or quality issues.

However we next visited the Nissan showroom and tried out the big Patrol 3500. AUD $18,000 cheaper, just as big and we were presented with an article (wish I still had it) from an Oz motoring mag which did ranked the Nissan slightly better in off-road performance on a side by side test. So the Nissan is on order for next month.

The other thing which struck me and still sticks with me was the Toyota 4WD hubs are manual lock, the Nissan's are auto (in that market anyway).

Hope I haven't ruined your day.