Ford Options - yes or no - Linda
I'm coming towards the end of my 3 year Options agreement on a Fiesta Finesse and will have to 1. hand it back 2. contract again 3. pay £3800 to buy the car (36K miles) I would like a new car but as this was my first Options, in the light of the recent price reductions etc. can any kind soul give me some advice on what I should be doing, asking the dealer etc. to get a good deal. I am considering a car warehouse such as Motorpoint. Many thanks, Linda.
RE: Ford Options - yes or no - Neil
I'd do everything you've suggested:

How much is your preferred car from Motorpoint and Trade-Sales, say? Add on the cost of an extra warranty and breakdown cover. Then see how close the dealer will get to this price.

How much is your car worth? Try www.glass.co.uk, www.parkers.co.uk. Will the dealer offer you the going rate?

Work out the cost to change.

If you get a good deal then go with a dealer. If not then try the car supermarkets and try a private sale (or an auction?).

If anyone has any experience selling privately at auction then I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on whether you got a good deal or if the fees outweighed a dealer's trade-in offer.

Hope this is useful.

Neil.